Please scroll down to see all open positions with Quantum Design Inc. product lines.
About Quantum Design Inc.
Quantum Design Inc. is the proud owner of 4 different product lines housed at 3 different locations in the greater Rockford area. Originally started as an electrical engineering firm in 1986, Quantum quickly grew to accommodate customer requests for complete turnkey solutions to the automation controls industry by adding a full-service control panel assembly shop. Over the years they have added 4 additional product lines, Centro-Metalcut, KTI (formerly Keene Technology), Quantum Roll Sheeters and CTC. Quantum Design currently has 3 locations in Loves Park, IL, Rockford, IL and South Beloit, IL.
Quantum Design considers our employees one of our greatest assets. With engineers, assemblers, wirers and support staff from a wide variety of backgrounds we can provide our customers in a large range of industries the best products and services. We provide excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision and disability insurances, a 401K program, PTO, competitive wages, paid holidays and much more. In addition, we often promote from within the company.
Working for Quantum Design can offer you more than just a job, it can provide you a rewarding career. So what are you waiting for? Check out our job openings below. (Please note, each job specifies the location of the position within the Quantum Design product family.)
Machine Assembler for KTI
Position Location: 14357 Commercial Parkway South Beloit, IL 61080
KTI is a leading manufacturer of auxiliary equipment for the Printing and Converting Industry. Our machinery are part of the process that produce items such as product labels, food packaging, books of all types, envelopes, cardboard cartons, construction materials and many more. We are looking for a dedicated, hard-working, and dependable candidate with a positive-attitude to join our team as a machine assembler. This position requires the following:
- Mechanically inclined
- Versed with machine electronics /controls
- AC & DC circuits
- Ability to read electrical and pneumatics schematics
- Proficient with using basic hand tools
- Ability to lift up to 80 lbs.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Mechanical sub assembly
- Machine assembly
- Route cables and pneumatic lines
- Label and terminate all incoming field wiring
- Wire three- phase and single- phase motors
- Must be well organized
- Must have a Positive Attitude
- Must work well with others in a team environment
- People skills is a MUST
- Able to climb up and down ladders
- Must have basic hand tools (all specialty tools will be supplied)
KTI offers a great working environment with excellent wages, major medical insurance, 401K, paid holidays and paid vacation days. If you enjoy working in a one on one environment, have the skills mentioned above and are up to the challenge and the responsibility required, please submit your resume and cover letter using the contact form on the right side of this page. Thank you!
Control Systems Engineer for Quantum Design Inc.
Position Location: 8400 E. Riverside Blvd. Loves Park, IL 61111
Design the electrical and/or pneumatic hardware and software of control panels and electrical/pneumatic systems
- Attending design reviews with customers and/or QDI sales staff to review and clarify the design specifications of a project
- Assist the QDI sales department with quotations to identify material and labor required to complete project tasks
- Investigate and resolve any conflicts with the customers’ published requirements
- Verify that the design complies with any required electrical standards, building codes and local regulations
- Perform detailed calculations to support the design decisions made
- Identify and create a bill of materials to meet the control design requirements
- Create the complete electrical and/or pneumatic drawings using AutoCAD software to meet the control design requirements. Obtain approvals from the customer when required.
- Release a complete bill of materials to the purchasing department
- Release a complete set of electrical and/or pneumatic drawings to the manufacturing department along with the customer and/or QDI required documentation to support the build
- Meet with the manufacturing department after the drawings have been released but prior to the beginning of the build to review the drawings, bill of materials and any customer specific requirements. Resolve any issues from the build review that require engineering attention.
- Supervise the manufacturing process to assure conformity to the customers’ specifications and sales order requirements
- Use vendor software to create programs for programmable logic controllers, operator interfaces, supervisory systems and other components as required
- When applicable, perform pre-shipment testing to verify component and/or system operation
- Provide on-site technical support to complete system integration and verify final customer acceptance
- Supervise and train other employees as necessary
- Oversee projects to insure they are completed on time and within budget
- Overtime and weekend work may be required on a project to project basis
- Follow all procedures and work instructions with in our IMS system related to this job description
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Knowledge of practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes but is not limited to applying principles, techniques, procedures and equipment to the design and production of control systems.
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry and their applications. Apply these to calculations required for a project.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar. Be able to communicate information and ideas both verbally and in written form so others will understand.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principals involved in developing schematics and implementing software
- Be able to listen and read to interpret customer requirements for a project
- Have good troubleshooting skills for both hardware and software
- Good time management skills
- Organize, plan and prioritize work load to meet project objectives
- Use logic and sound reasoning to evaluate strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions and approaches to problems
- Good judgment and decision making skills to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
- Be able to determine how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations and the environment will affect outcomes
- Keep up to date on available products and processes used in control systems
- Junior position is someone coming in with less than five years of experience
Experience in the following processes/programs is required
- Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Adobe Reader and/or Acrobat
- Rockwell RSlogix 500
- Rockwell RSLogix 5000
- Rockwell FactoryTalk View Studio ME and SE
Experience in the following processes/programs is not required but a plus
- Epicor Accounting Software
- Microsoft OneNote
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Rockwell RSLogix 5
- Siemens Step 7
- Siemens TIA Portal
- Siemens WinCC
- CNC Control
- Vision Systems
- Servo Motion Control
- VFD Setup and Control
- AutoCad Electrical
- Bar Code Readers
- NEC, UL, NFPA, CSA and CE codes